The Lone Detective - game rules
Basic game rules
- The game is free of charge.
- The game can be played on any device with access to Internet and webbrowser.
- The game do not require installing any software on the computer - all the materials are available online via browser.
- We secure ourselves the right to terminate the account when we detect any suspicious activity from the player or long period of inactivity.
- All decisions of the Game Masters are final.
- Every user must have active Frey Account to access the full game content.
- The Frey Account is linked to valid e-mail address, so we will be able to send notifications about user activity.
Opening case files
- After creating account user can access the case files available for him at any time.
- There is no time limit to solve any of the cases, nor limit how many cases the user are viewing or solving at the same time.
- After opening the case file user gets the access to all data available for that case.
- Some parts of the data might be available after gaining other parts of the data.
- Each user has notebook available for each of the cases, where he can store clues, suspects and informations.
- The data in notebook are available all through the time of solving the case.
- When user is ready to solve the case he has to create a solution that will be sent to the Game Masters.
- Solution must present the case as user sees it and answer the basic questions, like who? how? why? - the list of questions may vary between the cases.
- The solution will be analyzed by the Game Masters and the user will be notified of their decision if the solution is correct and contain all the clues that may lead to a arrest of the accused person or persons.
- Only full solution may be accepted by the Game Masters, which means that the solution must be supported by the evidence.
- Once the case is fully solved by the user can't open it again, however it still is available for other users.
- We do not gather any personal informations about game users.
- Any informations about the user are gathered only for the purpose of correctly running the game, we do not store or give access to those informations to any third parties.
- This game is using the cookie files on your computer only to anonymously identify user, so he can access his account again. The cookie files do not store any personal data about user or the device he is using to access the account.
- This game may gather anonymous informations about the visitors for statistical purposes only.
- IP address of user accessing his account may be stored for the purpose of detecting any sort of unfair activity. IP addresses are stored for short duration and then removed.
- All the user data are removed from database after his account is closed.
All the materials in game content are works of fiction. Any names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination, used in a fictitious manner or randomly generated by The Lone Detective software. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.